In response to inquiries from parents regarding information about the International Baccalaureate Program at Holy Heart.
Holy Heart of Mary High School will be hosting an information session for parents of grade nine students coming to Holy Heart in September 2016 at 7:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 24 at the Holy Heart Theatre.
Immediately following the general information session, there will be a meeting for all parents interested in learning about the International Baccalaureate Program for the upcoming school year.
The International Baccalaureate Program is best suited to students who are seeking to challenge themselves academically. The IB Learner Profile identifies students who are naturally inquisitive, motivated, self-directed, and open-minded risk-takers. It may be the highly motivated overachiever, but it may also be the student who is very intelligent and contemplative, but is not achieving to his or her ability because he or she seems bored in the regular program and would benefit from an accelerated or enriched program of study.
The IB Program does not require candidates to be straight-A students, but allows for a balance of strengths and weaknesses in different subject areas. The most important factors are the student’s own individual motivation and strong work ethic.
The deadline for applications to the IB Program is March 14, and the application as well as instructions for the application process can be found on the Holy Heart website at http://www.holyheart.ca/departments/ib/
Monday, Feb 1st is a Professional Development Day for Teachers. Semester 2 classes begin for students on Tuesday, Feb 2nd.
Jennifer has entered the CBC Piano competition. She would like your help to promote her participation and get support from HHM students, parents and staff.
This year’s second annual free prom for Holy Heart students is on Thursday June 23rd, 2016.
Following last year’s successful event, the format for the evening is:
– Meet and Greet: Brother Rice
– Dinner: Holy Heart Gym
– Speeches, Awards, Slideshow, etc: Holy Heart Theatre
– Dance: Holy Heart Gym
– Safe Grad: Holy Heart- First Floor/Theatre
Some things to note:
· Parents are welcome to attend the Meet and Greet and the portion of the evening in the theatre. The capacity of the gym does not allow parents to attend the meal.
· Students are able to bring a date/guest from outside the school, however there will be a cost associated with this; the free evening is just for Holy Heart Graduates. (Cost to be announced when details become finalized.)
· Graduates have had the opportunity to help decide on the theme and plans are underway. There will be opportunities to vote on awards, music, etc. in the near future.
We will be having a second fundraiser during the next term to help us provide this wonderful night to our students free of charge. Stay tuned for more details.
Below is the Final Exam Schedule for January 2016.
Its important to note that students who MISS exams for any reason, even if the exams are re-scheduled due to a school closure (weather, etc), that the final exam will be written in June during the normal exam period and not re-scheduled.
click here to enter The Telegram’s Newspaper in Education Contest to win tickets to the opening night performance of 42nd Street on March 11, 2016.
We wish to thank all that helped with our fundraiser. While there was only one name drawn for the winner, your contribution has enabled there to be many winners for our prom.
Please come to main office to claim your prize.
Good Morning Everyone,
At Holy Heart we offer an inclusive breakfast club every morning, which welcomes and encourages the participation of all students. It is easily accessible and ensures that no students are singled out or turned away. Parental support is essential to helping make Kids Eat Smart Clubs a success. YOU can help by donating foods listed below:
– Whole Grain Cereal
– Granola bars
– Cereal bars
– Fruit or fruit cup packed in water
– 100% Fruit Juice
– Cheese Strings
Connect with your KES Club Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) today for more information.
- Online Gallery
- Virtual Teacher Centre
- Memorial University
- College of the North Atlantic
- NL English School District
- IB @ Holy Heart
- Feature Film - Unwanted
- Heart and Soul - 50 Years of Excellence
- Twitter and Facebook at Heart
- Powerschool Login
- Community Agencies For Youth
- Bus Schedules - 2015/2016
- HHM Volunteers
- The Heartbeat News
- Level 1 Course Selection Sheet - 2016/2017
- Level 2 & 3 Course Selection Sheet - 2016/17
- Student Transfer Request Form